A lot of common illnesses and injuries can be treated at home with medicines you can buy at a pharmacy, and plenty of rest.
Useful medicines include:
- Paracetamol and ibuprofen – for pain relief
(Always follow the instructions on the pack. Keep medicines out of the reach of children).
- Decongestants – for stuffy noses
- Indigestion remedies – tablets or liquids to help with heartburn
- Antiseptic wipes – for cuts and grazes
- Antihistamine tablets – for allergies and insect bites
- Rehydration remedies – these can help to restore your body's natural balance of minerals and fluid, and relieve discomfort and tiredness if you have diarrhoea, vomiting or fever
- Anti-diarrhoea tablets
Keep scrolling down for more info